Please note: This guide is for the Harley Davidson Boom Box included in models starting from 2019. For pre 2019 model, please visit our other guide.
To navigate a route that has been created in MyRoute-app, you will first need to transfer it to a USB stick which can then be plugged into the BoomBox infotainment system.
- When importing a route of more than 500 kilometers please mind the fact that it could take long before the route calculation completes.
Transferring routes to a USB stick
1. Attach a USB stick to your laptop or computer.
2. Open a route in the route editor and select "Save as" -> "Harley Davidson Boom Box 2019"
3. Save the "GPX" file to your USB stick in the top directory.
Importing routes and route-tracks from the USB stick to the BoomBox infotainment system
1. Turn on the BoomBox infotainment system and wait until the main menu appears.
2. Attach the USB stick to your Harley Davidson.
3. Press the “Navigation” (middle) button in the main menu.
4. Select "Search" (top left corner).
4. Swipe the screen to the left to reveal the "Import" button. Then press the "Import" button.
5. Select your USB device. If it does not appear, check if the USB stick is properly connected or use a different USB stick that is formatted as FAT32.
6. Select a route you wish to import.
7. Select "Route-" to navigate by route.
8. Select the button on the right between the arrows to start the import. You might be asked for a confirmation, answer "YES" to the question.
9. After completion, press back and import a different route if you wish to.
10. You can now safely detach the USB stick and return to the main menu by repeatedly pressing the "Back" button.
Starting the navigation of an imported route or route-track
1. Press the “Navigation” button on the main menu.
2. Press the "Search" (top left) button.
3. Swipe the screen to the left to reveal the "Rides" button. Then press the "Rides" button.
4. Select the imported route.
5. Press "Start".
6. Wait until the BoomBox has finished loading the route. You can track its current progress displayed on the right.
7. Press "Go" to start the navigation.
8. Start riding!