Neues Thema starten

einige Ideen und Anregungen

Nachfolgend in Englisch, weil das dem Autor anscheinend lieber ist (habe ich auch im englischsprachigen Forum gepostet)...

Here are a few ideas i had when testing MyRoute-App (Web). Some of them would be especially useful for people who want to manage more own routes and tracks.

• possibility to save a certain position and zoom factor for the map view under "Route map / Route library" (otherwise i always have to search and zoom in my home zone)
  • additional button "my location" for the map view under "Route map / Route library" to be able to switch to my homezone easier
  • under "Activites" there should be an additional filter "my routes" (beside "everyone" und "friends") to display only my own routes/tracks
  • under "Route lab / Route library" there should be an additional filter "my routes" (beside "All routes") to display only my own routes/tracks
  • possibility to hide the "Friends" sidebar if not needed (e.g. to have more room for the map view or if you don't want to share with friends and so have none)
  • routes should have an additional field like "folder" or "category" for a better management of a larger amount of routes (e.g. under BaseCamp i have categories like "chapter tours", "100-200km", "200-300km", ">300km" etc.). Just like the other fields (like "privacy" or "last change") this new field should be sortable under "Profile / Routes" to have quicker access to certain routes.
  • toggling between "Google maps" and "TomTom" (which is great!) should be possible without changing position an zoom factor ervery time. This way it would be much easier to compare details on your route (e.g. when imported from Tyre which unfortunately doesn't support TomTom maps yet).
  • some possiblity to import/export routes from/to Tyre directly (options like "edit in Tyre" in MyRoute-App and "save in MyRoute-App" in Tyre would be great)
  • it would be much better to be able to have "Waypoints" and "Favorites" both opened at the same time
  • it would be better to have some categories for your favorites (like in Tyre), especially if i have lots of them
  • possiblity to import an manage POIs would be helpful (just like in Tyre)
  • some way to duplicate or copy existing routes to be able to create different alternatives more easily (i know that "save as" and "upload route file" is a workaround)
  • "undo" would be great (too easy to make some mistakes, but difficult to fix it most of the time!)
  • possibilty reverse waypoints or reorder after selecting a new starting point when editing or creating a route
  • when editing a route there should be some small info windows with global data (e.g. total length and time, current amount of waypoints)
  • distances and time don't work when using TomTom maps (bug?)
  • there should by the option "avoid highways" when using TomTom map
  • the routing is different when using TomTom map. If you're using TomTom's own routing algorithm is there a possibility to offer more options (e.g. curvy route)?
  • is there a possiblity to import routes and tracks from a TomTom 400 directly?
  • is there a chance to get import and export functions for Garmin devices?

Keep up the good work!
Mario

Thanks for the tips:

Your own activities you can see on your Profil > Timeline

We working on a lot of this suggestions.

hmmm, in this case i don't understand the functionality: i don't see any entries under "Timeline". Could it be that only public routes/tracks can be seen there?

You have not completed any tracks with the app, therefore you will not see any tracks on your timeline.

hmmm, i've uploaded a track already (but only shared with friends yet). But it wasn't logged with the Android MyRoute-App but with my Garmin Zumo instead (and combined in BaseCamp before uploading). Is that the reason? I think a lot of users prefer to rely on their navigation device GPS logging. At least to save battery (smartphone will be used to get traffic information and take pictures instead).

And i've uploaded a few routes. Aren't routes listed under "Activities" oder "Timeline"?

No, on the timeline and in the activities only the tracks completed with MyRoute-app, but that's part of the fun, you see on realtime foto's and text in the track.

We can not synchronize with separate devices.

Uploaded routes and tracks is in your Profil > Routes and Profil > Tracks

png
(5.62 MB)
png
(5.42 MB)

Great to see that things are going on. Today i noticed some new features:

• moving position within the waypoint list now works great on my Samsung Tablet (using Chrome)
  • there's (i think) the new function to make a copy of a route
  • switching between Google and TomTom maps nows keeps my current position and zoom factor
  • now i can see und use both waypoint list and favorites at the same time

Maybe i've overseen some more changes. It would be great if you could publish changes with some kind of changelog / version history.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Mario

Thanks Mario, you are right, we going to make a changelog in the support page, about a few days.

Just noticed that this suggestion ist now existing:
  • routes should have an additional field like "folder" or "category" for a better management of a larger amount of routes (e.g. under BaseCamp i have categories like "chapter tours", "100-200km", "200-300km", ">300km" etc.). Just like the other fields (like "privacy" or "last change") this new field should be sortable under "Profile / Routes" to have quicker access to certain routes.

Perfekt - i love that! Really, really userful. Only one comment: in german you should use "Ordner" instead of "Karten".

Thanks!

englisch kann auch jeder lesen

Dies ist eine automatisierte Nachricht. Einige Mitteilungen in dieser Diskussion wurden gemeldet. Die Diskussion wird geschlossen, damit andere Leute keine Reaktionen posten, die nicht themenrelevant sind.
Falls Sie es für notwendig halten, das Thema erneut anzusprechen, können Sie eine neue Diskussion eröffnen. Fügen Sie in dem Fall bitte eine klare Beschreibung hinzu, damit unser Team das so schnell wie möglich bearbeiten kann.